this shows what really is inside my head

this shows what really is inside my head

Monday, September 19, 2011

My DeterPInation!!! :D

It's been a tough couple of days but I seem to have gotten used to living in China. For now. I have no idea what will spring up next and it's kind of exhilarating to expect something to totally rock your world upside down. I guess this is what they call adrenaline rush :P

I have started my Chinese lessons and let me tell you, it feels as if I am going to a vocal class each morning. The first day I attended class, I wanted to back out. Chinese Mandrin is DIFFICULT!!! This, coming from someone who has tackled Japanese may be surprising. I find Japanese as easy as pie against Chinese. The difficulty that I am facing is that Chinese use 4 different tones and each tone of a syllable has a different meaning. Hence if I pronounced a word in a different tone I might end up swearing instead of complimenting. Since I am from a country which uses a low tone of voice, it is painful ( I mean when I say painful) to use four different tones which are higher than the one that I normally use. I wanted to give up then and there.

Here I am in a foreign country, where I am stared at as if a booger is hanging down my nose, discriminated because I cover my hair, with no friends and no one I can talk to. Now, the language that I have to learn seems more difficult to me than any other thing I have faced. I didn't want to continue. I wanted to pack up my bags and just come home. But then I read this article, a nikki entry of a certain someone and I realised that I don't want to give up on my dream. I had seemingly forgotten that in order to touch the rose you must face the thorn.This was mine. I gained strength from that entry and my determination has build up. Now, I feel that if I put as much effort as I possibly can, I can succeed.It all depends on your dream and how much you want to achieve it. This determination has helped me overlook the fact that some people do not accept me. That I have to be me no matter what and that is all that matters. I haven't changed and people here have seen that and are more friendly and accepting towards me. I guess that since we are all from various countries with different lifestyles it's kind of hard to accept something that is different.

Today in class, I came to know that there are so many different languages out there. But all those different languages are used to express the same feeling throughout the world. LOVE.There is no one out there in this world who feels differently and hence it has made me realize that I was too quick to jump into conclusions that no one liked me. :D
Everyone voted that my language is the most difficult :P



I am truly grateful to that entry that he made. He sure is full of wisdom for someone so hot :P

Thank you Yamapi for helping me realize how important my dreams are.. :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep on gambarimassing!

    Lol, I forgot how much I was inspired by these guys back then. Thank you Pi, for helping out Zily unni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe they do have the tendency to inspire us ne!!! :D Arigato Afa chan!!! I miss you!! :(

    ReplyDelete