this shows what really is inside my head

this shows what really is inside my head

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

ORIGAMI!!!

I've always had a fascination for origami. It completely gets me obsessed. I find it very interesting. With tiny bits of paper you get to create something artistic and cool. This year, when Japan was struck by the terrible earthquake  and tsunami, I felt helpless. Japan is a country that I respect, admire and love. They have done so much for the world and especially my country. I wanted to do something to help raise money. I heard about the story of Sadako, the girl who had leukemia after the bombing of Hiroshima. The 1000 cranes inspired me and since it is a belief of Japanese I tried folding as much cranes as I could. I sold them and donated all the money to our Japan fund and this situation brought back the interest of origami. Though it took me a while due to procrastination, I managed to finish a 3D swan. This got me thinking. Origami doesn't only interest me, it helps me relax and release stress. I recommend this technique to all. Though it is time consuming and somewhat useless to many people, I believe that it helps me. Origami has taught me to appreciate the little stuff that no one think matters and it has taught me patience. I shall continue on making art with origami and my next battle is to make a peacock. It is quite the challenge! I can't wait to begin!!!

3 comments:

  1. Unni! :D Am I the first to comment? *YAY* ^o^

    I think your 3D swan is absolutely beautiful and I hope you can keep on doing origami whenever you do feel stressed, though I hope you don't become stressed too often..^^

    And I'm sure you'll make a awesome peacock as well! You're one of the most resilient and persistent people I know. I have faith you'll do great with China and the peacock as well! ^_^

    Looking forward to your entries in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZILY UNNI! Lol!

    The swan is pretty!! I tried to do something like that as well, couldn't find the time and eventually dropped it.

    Btw, I'm very curious. What is that pic of, the header one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a glass of iced tea I had with my outing with Shanu Unni and Sana!!! ^^ You should really try this out!!! It's fun!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete